If Prince had any balls ...
1. "My Name Is Prince" - complete with the lyric "I'm prone to layin' some chrome upside some motherfucker's dome!"
2. "Let's Pretend We're Married" - how can you resist a song in which the Purple One whispers, "I sincerely want to fuck the taste out of your mouth"?
3. "Gett Off" - jazz flute, man!
4. "P Control" - the "P" does not stand for Prince.
5. Anything from his 2001 jazz-fusion-Jehovah's Witness-almost unlistenable release, The Rainbow Children. Just to freak people out.
I have no idea how many songs he will do - I picked five. But because he has no balls, plus because he's all "religious" now and won't do the dirty stuff, plus because most people think Prince fell off the planet in 1986 and hasn't been heard from since, here's what I think he will do:
1. "Let's Go Crazy" - I will fall off my chair if he doesn't sing this.
2. "1999" - even though it's about nuclear war and we're in 2007, this is still a big hit.
3. "Black Sweat" - he has to do a song from the new album, right?
4. "Kiss" - this might be a reach, but I still think it's probable.
5. "Purple Rain" - I like this song, but come on, Mr. Nelson! I think he'll bow to the old-timers, who think they're being "hip" and "with-it" by name-checking songs that were released 23 years ago.
Anyone have any ideas what he might sing, and what you want him to sing? Even the songs I mentioned he'll probably do would be fine, because they're pretty freakin' good. They're just, you know, tired.